Thursday, August 4, 2011

This Could Really Be the Good Life

#o1, I have enough plane rides to last for a lifetime. Now, here's what I've discovered, flying by yourself is a lot (did I say A LOT) different than flying with another person. Reasons being: one, you don't have to lug heavy luggage that actually has a label that contains a picture of a stick figure hurting his back. two, you don't have to be so attentive about where are you heading. Just follow the person ahead. and three, there's someone to talk to. When I finally arrived in Boston, my voice sounded so coarse. Simply because I hadn't talked in such a long time.

#o2, a thirty-six hour long journey traveling across the world (the long way through the Pacific, mind you) is just toooo long to remain sane all the way through. Plus a two hour transit in LA where you're rushing to get through immigration and customs; the word 'hectic' couldn't be described better. I literally got at my gate just when the plane was scheduled to take-off. I am not exaggerating.

#o3, never sleep for 16 hours straight. Which is precisely what I did, from 12am all the way till 4pm. But that's how advice works, doesn't it? We humans advice other humans not to do things that we ourselves just did.

#o4, so the adventure begins, and we travel down the memory lane. First stop, the old house. They tore down that hideous looking, black barn and although I only once walked inside that building, I was still pretty attached to it. Other than that, same old house. With the grass overgrown.


#o5, second stop, The Way Way Store. Went there twice actually, once without my sister and the other, with my sister. Not that I minded going to the shop twice in a matter of three days. You can never get too much candy. Still getting a kick out of that red and white brick wall. :)


#o6, third stop, bodies of water. Yes, I phrased it in that odd way because I went to the beach one day, and the pool the other day. The former was too freezing cold to stay in there for too long, but the later was really enjoyable with plenty of water toys to play with. Lots of dunking involved too, with the culprit being mainly me because, even though there's a 10-year-old in our midst, I am still the smallest and the shortest making me the easiest to dunk as well.


#o7, my camera has the coolest feature ever created at the time being. It's called a smart shutter and first of all, it detects the face (like most cameras can do) and then, when the person of that face makes his or her face to smile, the camera automatically snaps a photo. I know, how cool is that. 8D

#o8. So yes, as you can see from the number seven up there, it's new gadgets for me. Spanking new MacBook Pro, Canon Powershot digital camera, and a new phone. :) It's been like, 3 days since I've gotten my new phone, and I've texted 82 times. Gosh, you have to love unlimited texting.

#o9. Ian has a new pet hamster (that looks just like my old class pet Brownie) and his name is Harold. We're actually not sure if he's a 'he', but we're guessing so. I mean, his name is Harold for a reason. So this is the story: Harold was picked up while we were getting grain at Andy's Agway in Dayton with a very convincing sign that read, "Hamsters needing a loving home." Plus, it was free, and who can resist free, cuddly, and cute little rodents. Certainly not me, and definitely not Ian either.

#o10. Last and certainly least (because I'm just trying to get this to an even number, and ten is a good spot to stop), I was actually going to join Lyds at summer camp but her foot (the one that was recently broken) is bothering her and she needs to go for physical therapy, so we cancelled those plans. Not that I mind, I'm just loving Maine so it doesn't matter if I'm out canoeing or sitting in bed rotting in front of the TV, it's still  a well spent summer. :)

1 comment:

Janna said...

Hmmm, you ARE really having fun, eh?! Our old house looks so different without the barn - brings back nostalgic feelings, just looking at the picture. Hey, mind the texting, you may catch finger cramps! ;-) love and hugs ....mommy xoxoxo