Sunday, September 30, 2012

10,000 reasons

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

Came back from church today and again felt a rush of gratitude for the family of believers I have to call my own. I smiled at the recollection of today's frisbee game and being bulldozed to the ground after catching a frisbee. I'm so glad that I have found a body of believers that I finally feel like I belong to. Perhaps its because I've always struggled with a sense of belonging. Perhaps its because I've always resisted fitting in, belonging. But now I embrace that sense of belonging with every bit of my being.

Then a stray thought entered my head. It seemed that for the past five months, since after Easter, I've always been in a happy-go-lucky mood. Its like my problems have become so minuet that they've almost completely disappeared. Every Sunday I'm just so excited for church and while I'm there I'm just so full of joy. Every week, little strains and problems here and there barely disturb me.

So I thought to myself, "Is that a bad thing? That I truly don't have any problems?" And the answer was no. It isn't a bad thing that little minute things don't bother me anymore. Over the past months, from February onwards, since I started going to Highland Christian Fellowship every Sunday, I've grown so much spiritually and drawn so much closer to the Lord. And as my daddy once told me, when I struggling in 11th grade with priorities, when you stick close to God, everything else falls into place. What truth. Because now that my relationship with my Father has doubled and tripled, I know that He is the one in control, and He carries my burdens for me.

Singing the verse written above this morning in church, I couldn't help but smile. There really are ten thousand reasons for my heart to sing and for my soul to resonate. I'm just overflowing with His joy right now and I can't keep silent.

My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. Psalm 71:15

No comments: