Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Break Plans

It's finally over! My third semester of college, the first half of my sophomore year, is finally complete. Way too excited for this break! I'm going to have so much fun, get so much stuff done, and spend the next seven days or so packing, cleaning, moving around to different living stations, and spending some quality time with my one-year-olds. Yippee for work and the paychecks you get in the end. Because after that, it's really party time for me.

So, you'll be glad to hear (I hope), that I am NOT planning on being a couch potato. In fact, my brain is simply bursting with all the stuff I want to accomplish... and do... and experience... that I decided it deserved a blog post of its own. Here's to my Christmas break:

#o1. Get some domestic projects done!

So I've been working on this Infiniti scarf since technically last winter. Really got it started a few months ago and worked a ton on it during Thanksgiving break. So I think if I just spend a few more days knitting intensely, I'll get that done.

A month or so ago, the pompom on my adorable black winter boots fell off and got on the sidewalk where a sea of walking people probably trampled upon it. Knowing me, it aggregated me to the extreme extent and I couldn't even look down at my boots without freaking out because honestly IT LOOKS SO RIDICULOUSLY UNBALANCED. Well anyway, I purchased some pompoms for my ever faithful Michael's, so I need to sew them on pronto.

Pinterest DIY projects! So in love with them. I have a ton of T-shirts that I've totally outgrown - finally, may I add? I take forever to outgrow things - and I've found so many sewing projects that I can do with the extra fabric. Going to transform my wardrobe into something else.
#o2. Catch up on some reading!

As you can see, I've got a nice stack of some really good reading! Just absolutely love John Eldredge's books - Wild at Heart being my favorite to the point that I had to buy myself a copy so I could read it again! Plus it was on sale so I couldn't help myself.

I also have a huge pile of design magazines that I collected while at High Point last October. Just never got around to looking at them so they're coming along for the break.
#o3. Get further down the road regarding my driver's license. (Get it, further down the road, hah hah.)

I know, you don't have to tell me. I'm like behind in all this. Really behind. I mean, all my 16 year old friends have theirs already and are driving around like it ain't a big deal. Like Savy puts it, I'm ahead in everything else except this. And it stinks. So I'm going to work towards it, now that I'm finally legal and don't have to jump any more hoops because, "well miss, you need your parent's signature. I just can't let you do it without your parent's signature."

#o4. Improve my football skills.

Okay so I've discovered over this pretty intense semester that the highlight of my weeks has always been those amazing 1 hour + of football playing time I get every Sunday with all my church buddies. I mean, you really can't beat that. Its just an awesome time of playing and shocking everyone that a small Asian girl can actually pull her full 94 pounds around on the field. Its so much fun that I actually want to improve... like jump a little bit more, run a little faster, and make interceptions. Because, let's be honest, this is the only time of my life I'm actually going to be able to play American football. (1) Because it is a common established fact that grown up women and mothers don't go running around playing backyard football and (2) its not like there's women football teams.

The sad truth about how unestablished women sports are. Possibly my most passionate subject of talk. I mean, get me started on women soccer and you probably won't have breathing space. I have personal experience that makes me so.... passionate. We'll stick to that word.

#o5. and lastly, the boring stuff like writing a scholarship essay, looking into my summer plans and finding possible internship opportunities, establishing my portfolio....

Speaking of portfolio, I went to my final Studio class today to pick up my final project. Turns out mine was one out of six that had the "wow factor" and a good grade, so my professor requested to keep it there to show for accreditation when they come in the Spring of 2015, yes my senior year. Which I am totally fine with because that's a complement. Except I only just finished this project and I never had time to admire it before turning it in. So I was like, can I take it home for the break? I'll bring it back next semester, I promise!

... and now, I can admire it all throughout my break.

#o6 on my list.

No comments: